(shhhhhh!, you can’t say that!!)
Perhaps, but you better at least ‘break even’ and do so efficiently. The contributors expect that and even your volunteers won’t long support an ineffective effort.
Each non-profit community is under extreme scrutiny to clarify, execute, evaluate, and defend:
- its purpose and practices (improved productivity toward mission)
- its benevolent impact to the population it serves (perceived value)
- its measured success in meeting its charter (ROI or appropriate metric)
To do so requires a change-management approach that:
- Is transparent in terms of interruption to current operations
- Is a way of thinking and acting rather than a one-time “initiative”
- Involves and empowers all classes of participants
- Creates incremental in-stride improvements at all levels
- Provides appropriate ‘transparency’ and ‘accountability’
- Enhances esprit de corps, improves morale and productivity
To confirm results, they should utilize a measurement approach that:
- Provides standardized and appropriate metrics for the value delivered by NPO
- Incorporates existing rating schemes where necessary or appropriate
- Provides a non-biased third-party measurement/reporting entity
- Empowers their public relations and fundraising efforts
- Establishes a formative evaluation process to minimize summative ‘blame’
That’s a big challenge for a single organization. It can be more easily solved by cooperation, and the social web has now made that entirely possible. It will take more than the casual structure of ‘threaded’ discussions – that go nowhere. It will take ‘Collaboration on Purpose’!
ASK4™ is much like a think-tank – that identifies priority needs, creates appropriate consensus, initiates and tracks cooperative actions, that produce sustainable results, and does so transparently (online) 24/7/365.
For NPOs, ASK4™, offers a measurable increase in Capacity – Effectiveness – Public Confidence – Funding and “Business Results from Charitable Purpose”
What’s about YOU? – care to comment?
– dare to COOPERATE?
Written by gsbigger
May 29, 2008 at 2:48 pm
Posted in social networking
Tagged with alternative fuels, bi, business intelligence, business solutions, collaboration, cooperation, cpo, customer relationship management, education, enterprise, foreign oil, futurist, gasoline, green, innovation, km, management, mash-ups, mashups, NGO, non-profit, NPO, participation, Process Improvement, quality, relationship economy, shift, shortage, social networking, social web, think tank