eMail or ourMail
The following is a REAL email exchange and something that can be:
– a reason to abandon email as a means to collaborate
– a reason to consider new social networking tools
– a reason to avoid some smart_ssed consultants
– a moment of reflection, or mirth
– a case study, or
– all (none?) of the above
TO: Tom (fellow-shareholder of cccCompany)
SUBJECT: Fwd: Re: (let me repeat…?)
– am I too blunt? (<- or is that a rhetorical statement?)
– are you as tired as I am of not having input (as a stockholder)?
I copied you on my reply to Joe’s email (see below)
George <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2007 12:17:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: George email@example.com>
Subject: Re: (let me repeat…?)
To: Joe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Some time ago I suggested that you might consider an approach that let you ‘write-once’ – and they could ‘read-many’ (without you having to repeat it or re-send it), etc, etc. (i.e.,-online discussion forum where info could be posted once and accessed 24/7 thereafter).
Since you saw no value in that (then), I had to use this email system (of your choice) to comment on your (re)comments (which I was already clear on..).
But since we are trying to fill time while we wait for opportunity, I guess it may not matter (that I already offered you another option, once before…).
For those that are creating opportunity (while we wait?) – this is their discussion:
http://Challenges-and-Opportunities.. by Lee Bryant
Might be interesting – or at least fill some time – but then I repeat myself 😉
Maybe it’s at least as inspiring as some of the FWD_FWD_FWD vids we all receive(?). Perhaps it’s something fun we can consider when we’re finally funded.
Keep the faith…
Joe @vvvvCOMPANY.com> wrote:Dear vvCOMPANY Associates and Founding Shareholders,Some have asked with understandable anxiety if I had heard anything since last week’s update. But I really didn’t expect to hear anything until after the meetings scheduled through the week ending Dec 17th (See excerpt below from prior email report). Given the positive content of the entire report received last week, it would seem there is reason to be optimistic regarding vvvvvvv’s long awaited funding. I keep a guarded heart, however, until it becomes a reality………
- The corresponding documentation indicated a desire and readiness to move toward the next step in the funding process, which included their setting of the date and schedule for multiple meetings in <some city>throughout the week of DEC 13th thru 17th. The meetings are expected to span the entire week to work through the multiple projects, and will involve the banking institution and its broker- dealer representatives and the projects’ funding and collateral constituents.
I will continue to keep you apprised of any and all communications pertinent to our mutual objectives for vvvvvvv.COMPANY In the interim, I am always glad to receive your calls if you want to chat.Regards,
eMail may never die out
but we could die FROM it meanwhile…GSB
What’s about YOU? – care to comment?
– dare to COOPERATE?
Written by gsbigger
June 28, 2008 at 9:13 pm
Posted in social networking
Tagged with Advertising, business, Business 2.0, Business 3.0, Communities, Email, Facebook, Google, Lee Bryant, Marketing, Media 2.0, networking, Office 2.0, relationship economy, social media, social networking, social networks, Social Software, social web, socialutions, WEB 2.0, Web Strategy, Web Usage